Friday, May 31, 2013

Seas and Stories

Today was my last day in Abbotsford. So, we went out to the sea!

But first, an appearance by Pilgrim Marbeck.

Marpeck... Whatever.
First, we went out to White Rock, where we got to eat on a patio out by the ocean.

Ernie said "Over there's the States, so you should feel right at home." Well shoot, I should have brought my passport along, I could have swam home! 

The ocean was at low tide. There were actually people swimming in it, since the sand had been warmed all day by the sun, the water was supposedly about as warm as it would get.
Oh, is that a picture of me? Oops.
I tried to take a panoramic picture, but you can't really capture what it looks like. 
The boardwalk.
What? Another picture of me? Well, you can't see me all that well. 
Looking down the pier.


This is also where they shoot some of the scenes for the tv show Psych, so here I am with that building.

I'm not terribly familiar with the show (although I've been meaning to watch it more). So Mary Ann could have been pulling my leg and just getting me to take a picture with a random building.
After our delicious supper at Charlie don't Surf, we headed out to Steveston, where they shoot scenes for Once Upon a Time, which my roommate is a fan of. Again, I'm not terribly familiar with the names of places, and since these places are actual businesses, they don't keep up the "Once" signs when they're not shooting.

This place was a pawn shop in the show, if I'm not mistaken. It is now for sale. 
The "library." It doesn't have the clock tower that is on it in the show.
The bread shop. 
The toy store

The pet shelter (which is actually just a vacant building, so they keep the signs up when they're not shooting.)

Granny's Bed and Breakfast. 
A pretty stained-glass window at "Granny's."
What's-her-name's house. 
I could have bought a "Welcome to Storybrooke" shirt, if the visitor's center had been open. 
A picture down the main road. 
This place becomes "Atlantic Twine & Net" for the show.
The cannery is a place used in the show, apparently.
This was out by the pier. At the right time of day, you can actually walk down to the boats and buy fresh fish off of them. Yum.
So, tomorrow I will be headed inland to Winnipeg for two weeks. I'm over halfway done with this adventure, but I'm guessing it won't be any less adventurous.





No comments:

Post a Comment