Saturday, May 11, 2013

Travel and Family

The day has arrived and I'm on my way.

Waiting to get on the first flight.

I didn't want to take pictures of the other people in the airport, since that would be rude. And I didn't really want to be one of those people who takes pictures of the plane. (At some point on this trip, I'll probably end up doing that anyway.) I got on my plane at Cedar Rapids at 9 and arrived in Denver at about 10:15 their time. Then, I got on a plane to Wichita and arrived there at about 1:30, back on Central time. There I met up with my supervisor for the week, Peggy.

This week, I am staying with my aunt and uncle. I am getting to stay in my cousin's room, since she is working out in Omaha.

My lovely room for the week
There's a desk across one wall, which I love. It's a nice switch from my desk at school, which is barely big enough to hold my computer and books.
A normal view of my desk at school
Since I'm staying with family,  I get to see people I know that I haven't seen in a while. One of these "people" is Fritz, who was my grandmother's cat. He's a siamese-tabby mix, so basically, he looks sort of siamese, but acts like a tabby. However, he's not quite sure what to think of me being here yet.

So unsure.
We also ate some yummy grilled pizzas. Mine had lots of cheese and mushrooms.


And listened to some frogs in the backyard.


Tomorrow, we might be going to the Dwight Eisenhower presidential library, which will be exciting, since I'm going to be working at the Herbert Hoover presidential library later this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment